Daylight Summer School 1999, June 15-17, St. John's College, Santa Fe, NM
Daylight Worksheet - TDT retrieval and editing with xvthor
xvthor is an X-Windows client which provides an interface
to Daylight Databases through a thorserver connection. To use
xvthor, the thorserver must be running and the $DY_THORDB
environment variable must be pointed to Daylight Databases.
Administration and user configuration will be covered in Day 2,
for now this exercise is to provide familarity with the program.
xvthor and open a database
xvthor(Sun system) or
xvthor4d(SGI system) to start the thor client . With the left mouse button select
Show Databases select the
- Structure Retrieval - Retrieve the full TDT from the database for Dopamine and the 3D structure.
- Select the
Grins button. Draw in the structure
for Dopamine or type in the SMILES on the SMILES line in the xvthor window.
- Select the "Show Full TDT" button.
- Select the "Show 3D" and try different options of the trackball
- Retrieve TDTs from the database by different identifiers, e.g.
try Name= "caffeine", etc.
- Depict the structures in the ~mug/data/SAMPLE.medchem.smi using the
- Select a structure in the list to lookup associated information.
- Modify the display using the
Props option in the TDT Widget.
- Update a TDT in a Daylight Database
- Open another demo database in write mode.
- Lookup a structure in the database
- Use the Edit menu to add or modify data in the TDT
- update the database
Daylight Chemical Information Systems Inc.