Daylight Summer School 2000, June 7-9, Santa Fe, NM
Daycgi Worksheet - Daylight CGI applications...SHOW HINTS
Daycgi is comprised of a set of web appications which use the tool set
in the $DY_ROOT/daycgi directory. Daycgi is not a toolkit,
but rather a set of utilities which enable chemical information
delivery via a CGI script. For example, the shell script
smi2gif generates a gif depiction from a SMILES string, which
enables 2-D chemical structures to be added to web pages. See
the class notes for Day 2 for information on writing your own
CGI application with Daycgi tools.
- Lookup compounds and their assoicated data from each
of the databases with daycgi interfaces (WDI, Spresi, Medchem).
- Open the url
- Select a daycgi inteface to one of the listed databases
New JavaGrins link
- Draw in a structure
- Using the "File" menu of JavaGrins, select
Grins to SMILES, then select submit.
- Lookup a datatree by name and by SMILES using Hyperthor
- Generate an MCL script with Wizard
- Generate HTML output from the command line with the MCL script from Step 3.
- Change the first line to read:
Select database "ic97demo%@sun0"
mcl -h -i myprog.mcl
Daylight Chemical Information Systems Inc.