<- Back | Index | Forward ->
Another Scripting Talk?
Roger's DaySWIG supports Python, so why am I here?
- MUG 1996, DayPerl, Alex Wong
- MUG 1997, DayTcl, Roger E Critchlow Jr
- MUG 1998, DayScripting, Roger (again)
- MUG 1999, PyDaylight, Andrew Dalke
Can we add those features? Yes!
- Previous interfaces preserved C semantics
- Don't support newer language paradigms:
- Object-oriented programming,
- Automatic garbage collection.
- New algorithms are:
- Developed faster,
- With fewer bugs and memory leaks,
- Contain fewer lines of code.
- The resulting code is:
- More maintainable,
- Easier to integrate with other components,
- Has a shorter learning curve.