The future of the Thor/Merlin system may include an entirely new searching paradigm.
- The spreadsheet model
- Languages: SMILES/SMARTS, CHORTLES/CHARTS, text/regexp, etc.
New query language:
- TDT search language
- Sublanguages for each field
- Query language will be too complex for average user to learn
- Need good GUI's for casual users (probably CGIs)
- Need 'power user' interface w/ full access to query language
Test of new paridigm:
- Can it answer real-world queries?
- Can it emulate the old paridigm?
Table of Contents