Plans / Futures / Projects
DAYLIGHT Chemical Information Systems, Inc. Mission Viejo, CA USA
Current Release: 4.73.
It is a patch release of 4.71. Cartridge bug fixes, Dayutilserver
executable, smi2gif, printing, thorlist.
Our Release Strategy:
- Major releases.
- Incompatible changes to current capabilities (languages, toolkits,
- New features/capabilities,
- Removal of deprecated/discontinued products,
- Full documentation update.
- More frequent maintainence/patch releases.
- Bug fixes,
- Fully-compatible changes to capabilities,
- New, compatible features,
- Documentation of changes.
Solaris (Versions 7, 8)
- Toolkits, applications, servers, cartridge as 32-bit objects,
- Toolkits, merlinserver only as 64-bit objects (like current IRIX).
- No support for Solaris 2.5, 2.6.
IRIX (Version 6.4+)
- Toolkits, applications, servers as 32-bit objects (-N32 only),
- Toolkits, merlinserver, cartridge as 64-bit objects.
- No support for -O32 libraries (xview ported to -N32!!!).
LINUX (Red Hat 7.1, 7.2)
- Toolkits, applications, servers, cartridge as 32-bit objects.
- Other Linux variants/versions?
- Platform items:
- 64-bit Toolkits/merlinserver on Solaris,
- XVIEW libraries ported to -N32 on SGI.
- Generalized device licenses - CPU, network & hardware licenses.
- Network license distribution via network license servers (HTTP).
- New architecture,
- New functionality,
- New options.
- HTTP toolkit - A general toolkit for writing HTTP applications.
- Fedora Servers:
- Base servers (Fedora, Sandman, etc.)
- Application servers (TCM/DCM, WDI & others)
- Virtual Chemical Stores (VCS):
- Tools, interfaces, databases, Thor/Merlin.
- Oracle version.
- Multithreaded Toolkit:
- Requires significant changes to the low-level toolkits.
- Realistically won't make 4.8.
- Commercial database distributions,
- Applications and tools.
- Conversion toolkit.
- We have good tools to do structure conversion (both internal & contrib),
- It's work which is repeated at every site for every application,
- Conversion has become more important with respect to Oracle.