-- 15th Daylight User Group Meeting -- 6 - 9 Mar 2001
Introductions and new stuff
- Now we are 15.
- Daylight/Metaphorics krewe introduction
- New muggers:
Paul Sayle, Jaan Yang, Fetal Bharadwaj
- New/old hotel: Eldorado
- New computers:
- New tools:
daycart, online, v472
- New out-of-town banquet site:
Bradbury Science Museum, Fuller Lodge
- New caterer:
India Palace, our fav!
- New time for group photo:
Moved to 10:30 AM, Wednesday!
- Coffee and snacks:
DeVargas room, anytime.
- Other facilities:
internet, e-mail, poster/demo equipment, ski report, etc.
- 2001 mug,
- MUG'01 home page.
- Notice the notice board
- "Meeting room" (Zia A+B) for lectures
- "Breakout room" (Zia C) for work and conversation
- "Other room" (Devargas) for food, drink, schmooze, administration
- Lunch restaurant across lobby from registration desk
- Santa Fe
Computers, mug subnet and the Internet
- Almost all computers here are on a separate subnet of daylight.com,
outside our firewall, and connected to the Internet.
- Machines are labeled with their hostname, IP address and function.
- 5 of them are SunRays which are hosted by the main MUGnet server,
"sun0", a Sun 450.
- The "docking" table in the breakout room has a number of
green CAT-5 connectors for
If you have DHCP on your laptop, these are super-easy to use:
just plug-in and play.
If not, you'll need to
fiddle your IP address.
- One username "mug" (password "coffee") on all our machines
- Do personal work in mug/yourname subdirectories
- If a machine looks available, use it! Exceptions are:
- user machines on the "docking" table
- Sun450 server
- OS-X iMac (OK with Ragu's permission)
- Administrative Mac in Devargas room (OK with permission)
- If a machine looks logged out, feel free to log in as mug/coffee
... it should come up ready-to-go, use it!
- If you need to do anything special (load a tape, ftp something out,
compile a program, get a network address, reconfigure the kernel),
please see one of the Daylight staff.
- Note that some of the servers (green, red, xmas, dell, online)
machines are not physically here.
(They're back in the machine room linked by radio.)
You won't be able to log in to such machines,
they're database servers.
- Feel free to telnet home and check your mail:
- don't expect to receive mail here (use replyto:)
- don't excessively tie up the show machines reading e-mail
if others are waiting to use them for demos, etc. (This doesn't apply
to your own docked laptops: if you have one, knock yourself out.)
- do e-mail us at email@example.com
Speakers and listeners
- Speakers: if you have special requirements, please let us know!
Everything except mic/PA and O/H projectors (w/ and w/o
computer screen) count as "special". HTML presentations are
strongly preferred. We can probably accomodate your needs, but
we need to know about them.
Contact Dave, Jeremy or Mick as first choices.
- Demo-ers and special interest groups:
Please let us know ASAP about time/topic/requirements.
Daylight Chemical Information Systems, Inc.