daycgi is a collection of useful CGIs for accessing and using Daylight's
tools on the web. Mariner is an extension of the daycgi tools to be used
in JSP servers and Web/Application Servers such as IBM Websphere,
& Apache, with the JSP engine addin.
Tomcat provides a free add-in
engine and JSP server.
To the Mariner Demos
- Each web page request is now a thread and not an entire process
- The Tomcat JSP server is used for all demos
- Being a Java product Tomcat & the demos will host off any platform with a
Java 2 Runtime(Solaris, Windows, MacOSX, Linux, HPUX to name a few)
- The servlets/JSPs are easily deployable as WARs (web archives) in the
JSP engine of any Application Server. Most application servers have
wizards to ease such deployment
- The JSPs that access the Daylight Cartridge do so using JDBC drivers
freely available from Oracle.
- For developers developing their own JSP web pages session management
comes for free with the standard JSP development toolkits
- With application servers such as IBM's Websphere, the JSP deployment can
be distributed over several machines