Grins in Release 4.81 will also be made available as
an ActiveX control on the Windows platform.
This will allow it to be integrated in compound documents
such as Microsoft Office, and in applications built using Visual Basic
and Visual C++.
To be done/decided prior to release:
- The demonstration versions currently does not have SMARTS
capability. At release time(4.8x), this will be corrected.
- We will also include reaction SMIRKS capability into JavaGrins. We
will demonstrate this feature at EuroMUG 01.
- The demonstration Windows Application & ActiveX control, still
use Daylight's dayutilserver.
At release (4.8x) this will be altered to be a completely native Windows
application/control that doesn't have to communicate with any
- JavaGrins has and continues to be developed as a chemical editor
tailored for Daylight's chemical languages. It does not intend to compete
in any other workspace (such as chemical publishing)
- Depending on user interest, in the future we will add capabilities such as
printing. Feel free to email me
- The application & ActiveX control will be capable of reading resources
such as templates both off a server on the internet and locally.