MUG '00 Survey
Please complete this form and return to anyone of the Daylight Krewe. Please
feel free to select more than one box per question. There is a place for comments at the very end of the survey.
- May we include your e-mail address and phone number in a list of EMUG '00 Meeting attendees to be sent to all attendees?
Location, Facilities and Meeting Format
- This year we had 12 Daylight/Metaphorics presentations and 12 User presentations
for 3 1/2 days and demos,SIGS and hands-on time the end of the each day.
How did you like this format?
I prefer this format
I prefer having more user presentations
I prefer more time for demos and hands-on
- How did you like the Radisson ?
Loved it, great, keep the meeting here.
It was ok
Prefer a place elsewhere in Santa Fe
Prefer a place elsewhere in the US, Specify:
- Are you using JAVA?
Yes, we are using JAVA heavily
Yes, we are just trying out JAVA
No, but plan to
No don't see using it in the near future
- Are you interested in JAVA Grins with the new SMARTS capability?
Yes, we are currently using Java Grins
Yes, we would like to demo
Maybe, we will try
- What do you think of the new java tools simultaneous user license scheme?
Yes like it better than node locked license
It will work for my company
No would prefer: img src="./graphics/mrect.gif" align=middle>
- What browser are you using?
- Would you like Java Grins to do SMIRKS?
Yes, definitely need SMIRKS
Yes, would be nice, but not using SMIRKS currently
No not necessary
- Does your company require JavaGrins to run via Internet Explorer in order for you to
- If Daylight offered Java classes to interface the toolkit libraries would
Yes definitely use them
Yes, consider using them
No, not interested in them
Daylight Oracle Cartridge
- How interested are you in the Daylight Oracle Cartridge?
- Extremely interested
- Not really interested
- Would like to demo
- What version of Oracle are you running?
- Oracle Version:
- What platform/OS do you require for your Oracle server?
Daliserver - Daylight License Server
What do you think of our new license server?
Like it better than the current system
Looks more complicated than I would like it to be
Looks like it will be easier for my company to manage licenses
Looks difficult to use
Prefer the current license system
Depictions and the DepictServer
- Will your company be using the new smi2gif 2D
coordinate feature to depict structures on the web?
- Would your company like Daylight depictions enabled to
depict structures using 2D coordinates found in TDT files?
- Does your site require the DepictServer, so that
you could incorporate your own depiction rules
and have them applied to depictions if required?
- Would your company be intersted in the VCS database?
- Would like a demo
- If you have used Daylight support, were you satified with the service? Check all that apply
- Extremely satisfied
- Unsatisfied(make remarks at end)
- Response time was good
- Response time was too slow(make remarks at end)
- Have you had problems with installing Daylight software?
- Lots of problems
- A few problems
- No problems
- What media do you prefer for installation?
- Have you been unable to use/had problems using our anonymous FTP site?
- Haven't tried to use it
- How many people at your site would like to attend this year's
"Daylight Summer School"- our introductory course on daylight software ?
- 3 or more
- Has a bug in the version of daylight you are currently using
affected your usage of the Daylight software?
- Yes, but found a workaround
Some Technical Details
- What operating system(s) do you use for your Daylight servers?
Solaris 2.7 / Solaris 7
- What sorts of computers/operating systems on your desktops
do you use when accessing
Daylight software? (Check all that apply)
- Intel/Windows '95/'98
- What sorts of filesizes for your Thor databases do
you expect within this year?
Less than 2 Gbytes
Greater than 2 Less than 8 Gbytes
Greater than 8 Less than 16 Gbytes
More than 16 Gbytes
- Is your company interested in trying out the Linux port
of the Daylight software?
- What platform?
- PC-Intel Compatible
General or Specific Comments: