Our Experiences with the Implementation
- Although it is relatively easy to wrap an existing program, it still takes more time than expected.
- There can be performance problems with such a multicomponent system--everything must be running.
- Wrapped programs are running on SG, Sun, and NT computers, but to the user it appears to be one application.
- Several programmers can be working on a project at once without getting in each otherís way.
- Re-use of components has been demonstrated.
- Purchased components fit in nicely and provide good functionality.