The All Important Questions
- How do I get the software?
- How do I get a license?
Just two simple steps....
- Call or e-mail Yosi Taitz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send $DY_ROOT/bin/testlicense -i output to email@example.com
- Anything "special" about the installation?
- New environment variables in 4.61
- need to add $DY_ROOT/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- for 32-bit libraries need to add $DY_ROOT/lib32 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH32
- for 64-bit libraries need to add $DY_ROOT/lib64 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH64
- Database upgrade
- JavaGrins Requirements
- Client Requirements
- Netscape Communicator 4.04 and above on Windows 95
- Netscape Communicator 4.05 on Solaris
- Netscape Communicator 4.02 and above on MacOS and PowerPC
- Netscape Communicator 4.x on the SGI(IRIX6.4)
- ifc11.jar and java40.jar
- Server Requirements
- License requirements
- dayutils server license (includes a fixed number of allowed IPs)
- reaction program license for reaction capabilities
- Java requirements
- Java 1.1 (Solaris 2.5.1 or >, IRIX 5.3 or >)
- JRE (Java Runtime Environment)
- JRE for Solaris is shipped with 4.61 ($DY_ROOT/exotic/www/sun5/jre116-solaris2-sparc.bin)
- JRE for IRIX needs to be downloaded from SGI's web site.
- Environment variables
- Start $DY_ROOT/bin/dayutilserver as thor
EuroMug'98, 6-7 October 1998
Daylight Chemical Information Systems, Inc.