- The 4.61 SGI version contains 64-bit libraries, and a 64-bit native versions of the merlinserver.
- a merlinserver process can use more than 2 GB of memory
- main advantage is to be able to address large
memory spaces, not to be able to handle significantly more objects
concurrently within a single running program.
- LP Model
- Longs and pointers are 8-byte entities
- Integers are 4-byte entities
- Daylight handles and integers (dt_Handle, dt_Integer) are 4-byte entities.
Daylight Chemical Information Systems, Inc.